Orthotics: Your Solution to Heel Pain? An Analysis of Their Therapeutic Effects
Do I Need an Orthotic for Foot Pain? Will Orthotic Therapy Help Me?
An orthotic, also known as an innersole or insole to other people, is a device designed to support the feet and lower leg muscles, enabling them to function more effectively. Typically made of polypropylene or EVA, orthotics are prescribed to alleviate and prevent foot, ankle, and knee pain while improving balance and foot function.
Experiencing any kind of foot or heel pain doesn’t automatically indicate the need for orthotics. At Bellevue Podiatry, we conduct a comprehensive assessment that includes a thorough history of your complaint and a biomechanical evaluation.
If we confirm that orthotics will help your condition, they will be included into your overall care plan, which may also involve a home exercise program and / or footwear modifications. It’s important to know that orthotics are one part of an overall approach to resolving your feet issue.
Conditions That Orthotics Can Help With
Orthotics have been found to:
- Support recovery from sporting injuries
- Prevent lower back pain and address balance differences in leg length and function
- Provide additional support for your feet and ankles during sports activities or exercise
- Improve balance and mobility
- Correct poor feet function and position, preventing the progression of ailments and reducing pain and discomfort
- Ensure optimal footwear fit for your feet and correct weight distribution across the foot
- Aid children in developing correctly positioned feet
- Help correct posture and gait, improving walking style
Plantar Fasciitis and Orthotics
Plantar fasciitis is a well-known medically reviewed issue that causes heel pain for millions of people around the world. The plantar fascia—a thick band of tissue under your feet. At Bellevue Podiatry, we understand the challenges and limitations that plantar fasciitis can present for your feet. That’s why we offer custom orthotics to address your specific plantar fasciitis condition. Our plantar fasciitis inner soles are carefully crafted to your feet to provide targeted support and relief to the affected area.
Custom orthotic insoles can provide the following benefits for plantar fasciitis in your foot. These include:
- Reduced Pain: The orthotic insoles are designed to support the arch of your foot, taking the strain off the plantar fascia. This can significantly reduce the pain associated with plantar fasciitis, allowing you to engage in daily activities more comfortably.
- Improved Alignment: The inner soles help promote proper foot and ankle alignment, reducing excessive stress on the plantar fascia. This aids in the healing process and prevents further aggravation of the condition.
- Enhanced Shock Absorption: Our plantar fasciitis orthotics are equipped with shock-absorbing properties for your foot, which help absorb the impact and pressure exerted on the heel during walking or running. This reduces the strain on the plantar fascia, minimizing discomfort.
By choosing our plantar fasciitis inner soles for your foot, you’re opting for a tailored solution targeting your heel pain’s root cause. Our experienced professionals will guide you through the selection and fitting process to ensure you receive the most effective orthotic solution for your specific needs.
The Orthotic Design Process & The Importance Of Your Shoes
All people have unique feet, so making generic insoles is a poor investment of time and money. While generic insoles are designed to fit everyone, they often fail to provide the necessary benefits. The type of orthotic that is right for you depends on several factors, including:
- Are we attempting to alter the way your muscles and joints function?
- Do you have flat feet? High arches? How does your foot and ankle biomechanically function?
- Do we need to offload a painful area on your foot?
- What type of footwear will the orthotics be used in?
- What activities will you be engaging in while wearing them?
- Your budget
Bellevue Podiatry offers several types of orthotics to cater to individual needs made from different materials:
- Prefabricated Insoles
- Semi-Custom Orthotic insoles
- Fully Custom Orthotic insoles
- Pressure Offloading Orthotics
Custom orthotics are a specialised product that may be covered by private health insurance, depending on your level of coverage.
Our current pricing for a pair of custom orthotics, including the biomechanical assessment and casting appointment, is $380. Additionally, we provide the convenience of AfterPay as a payment option for this service.
Choosing the Right Orthotics for You - Answering Your Questions
Selecting the right type for your footwear and activities is crucial for optimal support. Here are some essential considerations to help you make an informed decision:
- Matching Orthotics with Footwear: Different shoe styles require specific orthotics for the best fit. Whether you wear athletic shoes, dress shoes, or work boots, it’s important to ensure that your custom insoles are compatible and fit properly within your chosen footwear.
- Activity-Specific Orthotics: Consider the activities you engage in regularly. Orthotics designed for specific sports or exercises can provide tailored support and cushioning, enhancing performance and minimizing the risk of injury. From running to hiking or playing tennis, orthotic options are available to suit your active lifestyle.
- Fit and Comfort: The right orthotics should offer a comfortable fit that supports your feet throughout the day. Seek adjustable orthotics, ensuring a snug fit without causing discomfort or pressure points.
- Personalised Customisation: For optimal results, consider custom orthotics. These orthotics are specifically crafted to meet your feet’ unique contours and needs. Customisation provides maximum support and addresses any specific issues or imbalances you may have.
Choosing the right orthotics for your feet and footwear and activities is essential to experience their full benefits. Our knowledgeable team at Bellevue Podiatry can guide you in selecting the ideal custom foot orthotics that match your specific requirements for your feet and can answer all your questions. Enjoy enhanced comfort, support, and performance with orthotics designed to suit your needs.
Orthotics offer an effective treatment option for a wide range of foot-related issues, but it is crucial to obtain the correct prescription to achieve optimal results.
Don’t forget to inquire about our AfterPay service through our reception staff.